Amy Beauty School

FAQ Answer Page
Regulating Agencies
Photo Gallery
FAQ Answer Page
Contact Us

Frequently Asked Questions

Thank you for looking at our website.  Our instructors and staff are always available to speak to prospective students and answer any questions they may have.  We have provided answers to those frequently asked questions below. 

When will the next class begin?

Please visit us and tour of our facility to find out more about our next scheduled class.  You can also call the school director at (951) 272-3888 for more information.

Do you offer part time or evening courses?
  • We offer part time classes but we do not have evening classes.
  • Our classes are from 9AM to 5:30PM Monday - Friday.  The school is closed on Saturday and Sunday.
  • We have flexible schedules but require that you attend school at least 20 hrs per week.
What do I need to enroll in the classes?
  • You will need a driver's license or government issued photo identification
  • Social Security Card
  • High school diploma, GED, or equivalent. If you do not have this, you can take the Ability to Benefit test to be eligible
  • Green Card or Certificate of Naturalization
Is financial aid available?
  • Amy Beauty School does not participate in federal and state financial aid programs.  Students can apply for private financial aid.  Financial aid is a mechanism that reduces out-of-pocket costs that the student and/or parents must pay to obtain a specific postsecondary education.  Financial aid is money made available to help students meet the cost of college attendance.  Financial aid includes grants and loans. Grants do not have to be repaid.  Financial aid is awarded to students who have “need”.  Need is the difference between the amount of money that the student and/or family will be expected to contribute to meet student costs and the cost of education at this school.  To be eligible for financial aid, the student must:

  • Be admitted as a regular student;
  • Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an eligible program on at least half-time basis;
  • Be a citizen or an eligible non-citizen;                                                                    
  • Not owe a refund on a FPELL Grant or FSEOG at any school;
  • Not be in default on a Perkins Loan or Stafford Loan/SLS/PLUS/Direct Loan at any school;
  • Have financial need;
  • Be making satisfactory progress (as defined by the school’s policy) in the course of study;
  • Be registered for selective service (if a male aged 18 through 25);
  • Have signed a statement of educational purpose;
  • Have signed a statement of updated information;
  • Have a high school diploma (or foreign equivalent); have a GED; have completed home schooling at the secondary level;
  • Agree to use any financial aid received solely for educational purposes.
  • Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
  • Along with the documents listed above, you will also need.
    • Last two years tax returns and W-2 of the applicant or the applicant's parents if under 24 years old.
    • If you are receiving cash aid from the Social Security or Social Services, you need a letter of verification of income.
    • If you are receiving unemployment benefits, you will need to bring your Notice of Unemployment Insurance Award (Form DE429Z).
Which classes qualify for financial aid?
  • Financial aid is available for
    • Esthetician - 600 hours
    • Cosmetology - 1600 hours
    • Manicuring - 400 hours
If I do not qualify for financial aid, what other options are available?

If you do not qualify for financial aid, we have payment plan options available.

Where are you located?

We are located on 290 Corporate Terrace Circle, Suite 104 in Corona, California.  The school is across the Corona Hills Plaza Shopping Center separated by Freeway 91.

Will I get a full refund if I changed my mind and cancelled?

You have seven days after enrollment  to cancel for any reason or up to the first day of class, whichever is later, to cancel and receive a full refund.  After that, the refund amount is prorated depending on how many hours you have attended. 

How old do I have to be to enroll?
  • You have to be at least 16 years old to enroll.
  • You have to be 17 to apply for the State Board Examination.